Sunday, December 13, 2015

Reinvent Yourself: LISTEN TO A PODCAST


the guestroom podcast, drum groove of the week, guestroom, http://theguestroompodcast.libsyn.com/star-wars-reflection-and-speculation
I was a guest on this podcast! Come listen! You like Star Wars, don't you?





















I drive for a living. So I spend a lot of time alone in vehicles. One of the benefits of working alone is that you can listen to whatever you want. Top-40. Talk. Sports. Politics. Satellite radio. 

And podcasts.

I've been a fan of podcasts for years, but most people still don't know what they are. I like to think of them as Internet radio shows. 

The vast majority of podcast are free, and they cover a variety of topics. Have you ever seen the many racks of magazines and periodicals at Barnes & Noble. There's a publication for nearly any subject under the sun. This is the same with podcasts. There's a show for nearly any taste & any interest.

Some of my favorite podcasts are (in no special order):

Teaches you about starting your own business. (SPI has inspired me in so many ways.)

The founder of Smart Passive Income, Pat Flynn, answers questions from his audience.

A very informative"Starting Your Own Internet Business" podcast.

A tough love approach to making better financial decisions. (Dave's show is also responsible for my getting out of debt.)

The only sports show I listen to now. A great balance of sports information & entertainment.

Darren Rowse is a gentle, informative Aussie, who guides you to building a better blog. 
(I haven't applied his excellent tips to my blog yet - so don't blame him for this mess!)  ;)

Hosted by Jimmy Pardo & Matt Belknap, NNF is one of the funniest shows I've ever heard.

Matt Besser leads a cast of rotating comedians as they improvise scenes out of thin air. It's like comedy-jazz. All improv. No scripts. (I envy their comedic abilities; I want to be like them.)

A show about pretty much anything, from crazy scientific facts to strange jobs, from adult beverages & food to the host (Grant) & his wife (Kristi) having deep conversations about life, career & babymaking. (I've been a guest on this show a few times!)

A show about music, pop culture, movies, drums & Star Trek. Star Wars too. Larry, the host, has a rotating cast of guests, and they have a good time discussing/arguing about all such topics. (I've been a guest on this show also!)

So - what do YOU want to learn about? 

Or maybe you just want a laugh?

Click any of the links above to get started!  or, 

Try Google and search: "funny podcast", "money podcast", "sports podcast" etc.  

or, try iTunes & search for podcasts there. 

You can stream them to your devices and/or download them for later.

If you're anything like me, you may find that listening is a better way to absorb information than reading. (As I get older, I don't enjoy reading like I used to. Not sure why. But I can listen to an entire book or podcast multiple times.) 

Podcasts have changed my life. 

I admit, I haven't put into practice everything they've taught me - and that isn't their fault. I have the knowledge and the information. I've learned a ton. (And laughed a ton.) And I hope to start utilizing this knowledge on a deeper level in 2016. 

Maybe you can too!

Start listening to podcasts!

Here's to a great new year!
GTO

No comments:

Post a Comment