Sunday, January 27, 2008

Turn to a Professional Career Counselor

Whether you're seeking a career change or a new job in your current field, a professional career counselor may help focus your thinking. If you go to one, you may be asked to take a standardized test such as the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, which categorizes personality types along the lines of introverted/extroverted, sensing/intuitive, thinking/feeling, judging/perceiving. The results are used to determine the kinds of work you might enjoy. To find a counselor, try the Career Counselors Consortium Directory ( or call 212-859-3515). [Source: "25 Ways to Reinvent Yourself" originally published in Modern Maturity January - February 2000, transcribed by Greg Olszewski.]

No comments:

Post a Comment